Affirmations are positive and active statements we make about our lives and ourselves. It often helps to repeat them throughout the day. Some of the affirmations will give you pause and you might wonder if you can bring them to life. Have faith in yourself and approach these affirmations with an open heart. It takes time to get used to talking to yourself in a kind, supportive, gentle way. All of the affirmations below come from Louise Hay (www.louisehay.com)
- I am enough.
- I open my heart and sing the joys of love.
- Every experience I have is perfect for my growth.
- I go beyond barriers to possibilities.
- My hear is open. I speak with loving words.
- We are all family and the planet is our home.
- As I forgive myself it becomes easier to forgive others.
- I act as if I already have what I want–it’s an excellent way to attract happiness in my life.
- I now choose to release all hurt and resentment.
- Today I create a wonderful new day and a wonderful new future.
- I am strong.
- I accept my power.
- I am an open channel for creative ideas.
- This is a new day. I begin anew and claim and create all that is good. And so it is.
- I feel glorious, dynamic energy. I am active and alive.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- I look within to find my treasures.
- I now free myself from destructive fears and doubts.
- I take brisk walks in the sunshine to invigorate my body and soul.
- I feel safe in the rhythm and flow of ever-changing life.
Pick your five favorite affirmations. Write them…or, better yet…make a little art project out of this. For example, you can write the quote on a small piece of paper (or a big piece if you prefer 😉 ). Then go to work on it with markers, paints, a pencil and create something you like looking at. Once you’re finished, hang it up some place that you’ll see it. Do this with all five affirmations that you chose.
Try saying your five affirmations several times a day. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good it feels to talk positively to yourself. The more you say them, the more natural they feel and the better you feel.