We all find ourselves down in the dumps at different times. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were some easy things you could do to lift your spirits?
Well, there are and I’ve listed eight of them here. By no means are there only eight things you can do to raise your mood, but these eight are easy-peasy.
So, without further ado, let’s get to it!
- write down what you are thinking about or make a list of things that are bothering you. Writing is a powerful tool for coalescing your thoughts as well as letting out pent up emotions;
- contact a member of your support group. For more info on support groups check out: https://www.mentallyinteresting.com/wanted-support-network;
- napping. sometimes your brain just needs to shut down for awhile;
- exercise. get those endorphins pumping by taking a brisk walk or jog;
- write a “Grateful List”. This, as the name implies, simply a list of all the things you are grateful for. I think you’ll be surprised how long your list is. A lot of people write out a Grateful List every morning;
- pamper yourself. Make a list of things that you find enjoyable and choose something off the list for a pampering session. This could be anything for a relaxing bath to a pedicure at a salon;
- affirmations. These are positive statements that you say to yourself. See the post https://www.mentallyinteresting.com/affirmations;
- spend some time outside. There’s nothing like some Vitamin D to lift your spirits. And connecting with the Earth feels good.
If your depressed mood lasts more than a few days, it’s time to call you psychiatrist. But the above suggestions can help you get your head above water again.
Want access to all kinds of free stuff to help you cope with mental illness? Then subscribe to Mentally Interesting using the form below: